Symposium Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in submitting a Symposium Proposal to Brain & Brain PET 2021. The contribution of presenters is critical to the quality, enjoyment and success of the conference. We value your input greatly.
Symposia should provide state-of-the-art data and a well-balanced scientific discussion of the topic. A continuous “story line” overarching the talks is recommended. Inclusion of early career investigators (EICs) and/or colleagues from underrepresented areas, as well as gender balance are highly appreciated. These aspects will be taken into consideration when evaluating Symposium proposals. Speakers should make sure to attend the Brain & Brain PET 2021 meeting independently of being a symposium speaker. Some financial support will be available for speakers from selected symposia.
Symposium Submission Process
The Symposium Proposal submission process for Brain & Brain PET 2021 will be through an online submission portal
Lead Applicants must be members of the presenting panel of speakers. The Lead Applicant is requested to create an account and submit the completed Symposium Proposal according to the guidelines set out below. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, please contact Brain2021@conferencepartners.com.
The deadline to submit the completed Symposium Proposal is 31 July 2020.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Lead Applicant must submit the proposal and they will be the main point of contact with the conference organisers.
- The Lead Applicant is responsible for communicating with the Symposium Presenters and ensuring that they all register by Friday 9 October 2020.
- Proposals must be submitted in English
Proposals must be submitted under one of the following themes. You may also select up to 4 additional Themes that are relevant to your Symposium
1) Aging and Dementia
3) Brain Imaging
4) Brain Repair
5) Cardiac Arrest/Global Cerebral Ischemia
6) Cerebral Hemorrhage
7) Cerebral Ischemia
8) Cerebral Metabolic Regulation
9) Choroid Plexus/Meningeal Barriers/CSF
10) CNS Trauma
11) Developing Brain
13) Neurovascular Coupling
14) Neurovascular Unit
15) Pharmacology and Therapeutics
16) Stem Cells and Cell Therapy
17) Subarahcnoid Hemorrhage (SAH)/ Vasospasm
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when submitting the Symposium for Brain & Brain PET 2021.
How to submit: The Lead Applicant will be the contact person for the Symposium and must submit the proposal document, through the portal. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log in to both the Brain & Brain PET 2021 submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the Symposium a confirmation email will be sent to the Lead Applicant.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your submission is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back in to the portal and checking on the ‘View/Edit Proposals’ page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the submission cannot be edited once the portal has closed on 31 July 2020. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your proposal, please contact Brain2021@conferencepartners.com.
The online submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the Symposium (word limit is 20).
- Theme(s) must be chosen from the list above.
- Name, affiliation, and email of Lead Applicant.
- Name, affiliation, and email of presenters.
- Additional Information Questions:
– Personal Data
– Co-Presenter Emails
– Early Career Scientist (Lead Applicant)
-Early Career Scientist (Presenters)
- Download the proposal template below to create the proposal as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload.
Symposium submissions must be formatted using the Brain & Brain PET 2021 template. Click on the button to download the template.
Terms and Conditions
- The proposal submitted adheres to the Symposium submission guidelines on the Conference Website.
- The proposal submitted is in English.
- This proposal has only been submitted once for Brain & Brain PET 2021.
- It is the responsibility of the Lead Applicant to submit the proposal. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other presenters.
- All presenters are available to present at the conference between 26 – 29 June 2021.
- The Lead Applicant and all co-applicants/presenters must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the acceptance email. If they do not register and pay in full, the Symposium will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the proposal along with the names and affiliations, and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website, app and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the Brain & Brain PET 2021 Programme Team Brain2021@conferencepartners.com.